Monday 4 December 2017

Weekly Rehearsal Diary - Week 1 - James Brown

In the first week of college, we focused on rehearsing the song 'I feel good, I got you' by James Brown. In this rehearsal, our group deeply focused on getting the hardest parts of the songs right, this included the off beats on the chorus of the song as when we listen to the song it isn't obvious that it is on the off beat. This rehearsal took place on the second of November. Also, since I was playing the guitar, the use of four chords played were strummed on the sixth beat of the bar which was at first unusual to play, so I had to concentrate massively in order to not make any mistakes.

The target I set for myself as a guitarist is to practice new chords and the transition between complex chords because if I'm not completely confident on them, it will slow down the pace in which the group is learning at.

As well as areas of strength were shown in the rehearsal such as: team work and clear understanding of the structure of the song, there was a weakness that was shown during rehearsal which was the arrangement in terms of vocals, this includes harmonies and sometimes lyrics were being lost in the middle of the song. However, at the end of the rehearsal, everyone had learnt the song confidently and we were highly confident in our performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment