Monday 4 December 2017

Weekly Rehearsal Diary - Week 2 - Stevie Wonder

In this week, we focused on the song Superstition by Stevie Wonder, the previous target I set for myself was to learn new chords on guitar and practice transitions between chords. However, this week I focused on my vocals so the target was irrelevant for this week's task. I sang the chorus of the song in which I was the only boy who was singing on the song.

Since the song is known by everyone in the group, it wasn't difficult to get the song finished as it only took thirty minutes. This rehearsal took part on the 9th of November. On the chorus of the song, we added harmonies using the vowel 'oooo' in which it makes the song sound richer and fuller.

There were no specific weak areas, but the main strengths were particularly the vocals which were strong and in tune and the instrumental was very strong as well as the drummer and pianist were very confident. The only weakness shown was the guitar riff in the verses of the song which isn't easy to play on guitar for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment