Friday 8 December 2017

Winter Gig

On the build up to the Winter Gig, a lot of rehearsals and preparation took place in order to create a great performance. In my own performance, (which took place in two different bands) we all had worked extremely hard in order to get the right chords together and to vocally and instrumentally make the songs sound professional. I was playing the guitar in which I played accurately for most of both performances, however, one thing I made a mistake in was my timing on the guitar on a song called "Teardrop" by Massive Attack. I sometimes came in later than usual which isn't pleasant to hear, in order to overcome that mistake I need to practice paying the guitar with other people performing different songs so my guitar is up to speed with the song itself. As the group in general, we managed to successfully perform each song, however, one thing that went wrong is that one of the vocalists forgot the lyrics in the beginning of the first verse which confused the audience. Nonetheless, we managed to pull through by not making it too obvious that the vocalist had made a mistake by continuing our playing of the instruments.

When being live on stage, we showed confidence and comfort whilst being live on stage by smiling and looking at the audience. Particularly the vocalists had to smile whilst performing to ensure that no nerves were shown or fear to perform. The singers constantly looked at each other to make sure they sang the right parts and the harmonies were sounding tight and smooth.

I also enjoyed watching the Level 2's perform because from what I acknowledged from the Induction Gig is that they were really nervous and didn't manage to show confidence, however, this time they were able to perform at their highest level and you can tell that they had worked really hard on their performance. They accurately managed to play their song and no clear mistakes were made when performing.

What I had learnt from the Induction Gig is that I had to build up my confidence and show that I was confident with what I was playing and that I was enjoying myself, I personally think that the Winter Gig was a success and ma have been a slight improvement from the Induction Gig as more confidence was shown and the crowd had a great response to the performances.






No comments:

Post a Comment