Thursday 15 March 2018

performance/production plan

   
In the process of beginning our song we didn't know how to bring the musical equipment into play in the performance. Since we had no idea where to bring in the technology everything was falling apart and instead of moving forwards, we were moving backwards. Also, when it came to using the distortion pedal, the sound was too heavy and too distorted for the song we were making, therefore we used the distortion pedal on the bass and turned the volume down so the bass didn't overlap on the songs.

Since one of the members from the band didn't turn up often, it was stressful because even though we kept on moving forward in terms of getting the song finished and developing new ideas. However when the band member turned up we had to always go backwards to remind the band member of what we had done and how we could bring her into the process of the song. This was stressful as we kept on moving forwards and then backwards so it felt like we weren't progressing at a good rate.

In my own practice I have been using technology to make my music sound more interesting and so it can vary in terms of style. In the band I am working with I use the octave pedal in one of our original songs to make the guitar sound clean and have a richer sound. The pedal gives the option of how much of the high pitch and low pitch I wanted to use in my solo part, I chose to put the high and low frequency at a balanced level so it could blend it together during the performance. During the practice rehearsals, I made sure that octave pedal is used for a good amount of time in the performance as the objective is to use the equipment efficiently. Even though I don't use the octave pedal all the time, I have figured out that the octave pedal has a great effect when being used for guitar solos and in the beginning of a song because at a beginning of a song and a solo are both related to the attention being all on the guitarist and by using the guitar pedal it helps to make the guitar sound really pleasant to hear.

I have also even using the multi effects pedal which gives various options of the type of effect I want to use. Based on the song that we're doing, I decided to go for an electric type of effect because it would stand out during my solo. One artist that has inspired me is Neil Young, he is one of the best well known artists and he has also used an octave pedal live in his music. His music evidently differentiates from my style but the use of the octave pedal is used in most solos which is also used in my song.







No comments:

Post a Comment