Thursday 7 March 2019

Proposal

Intro

The aim for my EXP is to create an EP with four songs that demonstrate the kind of music I love making and that show my style in this current point in my career. During the last year I have been able to discover my style as well as develop my sound as a whole in terms of what I enjoy making and writing. What I make now I would consider as my strength mainly because it is a style which I have been able to develop since these last few years. In this EP, there will be a clear demonstration of the progression and maturity in my overall sound as a musician which developed from my FMP in my first year of Level 3 Music. One thing I will also do is interviewing different musical artists that I have worked with and that have experience in the music industry. Also, since I will be interviewing people with a lot of experience, it will also help me with my career as I will be able to gain knowledge from the way these people make decisions in their own careers and I will be able to apply this when it comes to my opportunities in the future. I tend to evolve my song writing skills throughout the course of this project and listen to various genres of music to develop this.

Context
The EP will be based on the music I enjoy making and what represents me as a musician, the interviews link to my EP because these artists I will be interviewing have a similar style of music to me which will influence my EP massively when it comes to asking questions about how they make their music and techniques they use for their songs. Also, this is a chance for me to hear their experience and take inspiration from these artists and learn from their own experience and try to picture myself in their situation and what I would do in a certain position. I have chosen to focus on all of these three areas because its something that really interests me and that will keep me motivated to get better and get a successful end product, particularly the interviewing part of the project as gaining experience in this area will give me more opportunities in my career and it will also give me a new road to focus on to get new opportunities. The music for my EP will be to show the process of making each song and to show how I've progressed since last year and to show what I have learnt in terms of ways to make my songs stand out.

Areas Of Research
The area of research that I will look deep into will be within the interviews, I will ask certain questions that will be based on how these artists have used their experience to make the right decisions and to apply this to my own career. I will also look at different interviewers and I will look at the different questions they ask and see what type of questions they ask and apply this to my own interviews. My interviews link to my own work because I will hear about other artists' experience and what techniques they've used to get through their careers and how I can apply that to my own work. Also, I am also planning to ask questions in regards to the interviewee in relation to how they make their music and techniques they use in their own music and if I see that it can benefit me in my own practice then I can evidently apply this to my own practice.

Methodology 
I will research different online sources and use that information to develop the specific part of my project. I will also look at videos from YouTube that focus on mixing and I will have to look at different types of videos to see which techniques will help me and which ones work best for the music I want to make. In my interviews I will write down specific questions I will ask the people I am interviewing but the way I want the videos to be portrayed as is more of a natural transition through the videos rathe than stopping and looking at my questions and ask the artists what I have planned to ask. I will have questions which I will write down to ask but according to how the person responds I might develop another question on spot which will make it seem more natural and the most important thing is to be myself and make my personality stand out. In terms of the documentary, I will use my phone to record the process of each track and I will also use screenshots to show the transition between each song and how it develops throughout the project.

Week 1 - 11th March (Rehearse song ideas for first song)
Week 2 - 18th March (Contact different artists and talents to see if they're available for interviews and write down basic questions for each artist)
Week 3 - 25th March (Go back to first song idea, develop it and try to finish it, if possible to also record vocals y)
Week 4 - 1st April (Record Interview and take pictures of set up)
Week 5 - 8th April (Edit Interview and Start developing a second song idea)
Week 6 - 15th April (Research Interviews Online)
Week 7 - 22nd April (Record Interview and take pictures of set up)
Week 8 - 29th April (Go back to second song idea, develop it and try to finish it, if possible to also record vocals)
Week 9 - 5th May (Edit Interview and Start developing a third song idea)
Week 10 - 12th May (Record Interview and take pictures of set up)
Week 11 - 19th May (Go back to third song idea, develop it and try to finish it, if possible to also record vocals and record process for Documentary)
Week 12 - 26th May (Edit Interview and Start Fourth song idea. make sure everything is done and finish any gaps within the work)






No comments:

Post a Comment