Thursday 14 February 2019

grant song


When it came to doing this track, we had also done another song but since our classmate wasn’t in, it was difficult to get the song done especially since it wasn’t recorded properly in terms of timing. Therefore, what we did is record a song that we already knew and that we wouldn’t have any pressure on making. We recorded the Guitar and the Vocals all in one raw take. 

The aim of the track was to make it more of an acoustic feel, rather than a fully edited song with loads of instruments. In my mix,  I used the space designer reverb and lowered the wetness down from the default setting. Also, when it came to recording the guitar we used an amplifier with a reverb setting already on the amplifier, however I decided to add a silver verb on top of the reverb to make it more of a spacious sound to make it sound more of a soulful-R&B song. When using the equaliser, I made sure I took out all the tiny areas where there was a slight weird sound of high-frequency noises in the recordings. This includes finding an area within the EQ where there is an unusual high pitch sound within the recording.

 During the one take, we also recorded a improvisation on the guitar which is used on the second verse and chorus and I slightly panned it to the right as I wanted it to been more of an added feature rather than the focus of the song and to create a bit of dynamics in the track so the song wouldn’t sound tedious as the listener would listen through the whole song. One thing that was important when editing the song was adding compression to the vocals as the raw recording you could hear all the plosives and mouth noises in the phrases which sounds unprofessional, not just because I think it does not sound good because their are songs which have this feature but I since the song is an acoustic and intimate song I wanted to make the song as clean as possible. Therefore, what I done is I lowered the ratio and made sure their was a balance between the threshold so the vocals wouldn’t be too loud and the mouth noises weren’t too noticeable. It’s 

No comments:

Post a Comment