Thursday 31 January 2019

Evaluation of Harrison Performance

The solo lessons helped me a lot with my performance as weekly I managed to test my songs in various different ways especially with the techniques that we used in the first half term when we were rehearsing using dynamics, tempo and level changing. Also, feedback I had gotten a lot of the time from Chloe was to try out my songs on different instruments to see what way I could change the songs and the different vibes that each instrument makes. At first I was using the guitar for most of my songs but towards my performance I figured out that piano was the instrument I wanted to use as it made my songs stand out more than guitar.

I also used my own time to practice which helped me immensely as confidence is everything when it comes to performing and confidence comes within known your songs well and having the knowledge of how good you are and believing in yourself which is relates to self preparation which leads to a strong mental state. This is mainly why self preparation helped me, it helped my mental approach to the performance as confidence grows within practice. However one thing I could've possibly done more or considered more in my preparation is use peers in my class to also perform in my songs such as: instruments used and backing vocals more in my set.

I feel like my performance went really well as I was able to interact with the audience and use m humour to make the audience more excited. In terms of my actual performance, I really enjoyed performing and I felt like I managed to show what I'm about in terms of my style and my personality. This was also a very important performance for me as it was probably my first time being myself as an artist as in my whole 5 years of my career I have been very self conscious of myself as an artist and I haven't been able to show who I really am but in this performance I was really happy to show how I really am. The audience really enjoyed the performance as they seemed to like my personality and my performances by cheering and laughing.

It was a strange place to perform as it was probably the smallest place I had ever performed and since it is such an intimate place you have to adapt to that environment and make the audience enjoy it. However, I was able to adapt to it and I use my personality to lead the whole performance and my music to show what I enjoy making and if the audience choose to follow me in my journey they are now aware of what music I make and what to expect.













No comments:

Post a Comment