Friday 23 November 2018

funding application

My name is Paulo Reiss and I am applying for funding for my European tour that I am planning to go on soon. The best way to get this funding is by getting arts funding because I feel like it is a better approach to getting funded as I meet the criteria and since I don't have a massive fan base it might be harder to get enough money from the fans to go on tour. The funding I will be applying for is youth music as I am a student it makes sense to apply for something that relates to me as a young musical artist. I meet the eligibility criteria as it mentions about being able to support different music making projects across a variety of wide range music which is something that I will be able to do and I do already as I make my music not just based on one genre and I work with different artists with different musical roots. It also mentions being an active musician which is something that I do at the moment particularly with making music and being socially active on social media platforms. This will help me a lot in the future because due to already have been given funding it will give me more exposure as I will be going on tour which could possibly allow me to go to other places as my fan base begins to increase. This will most definitely be good for the fans too as they will get to see me more often.

The funding will help me a lot as it will help in many areas during the tour such as: travelling from show to show by car and also in places where I might stay in a hotel. It will help with food throughout the journeys, petrol and equipment that is needed for performance such as: guitars, drum kits and pianos. It would also help me with clothes that I choose to buy in different countries which I can use when I travel across Europe.

I want to do this will impact my career in the future in a great way as this will allow me to perform a lot more which will build up my fan base and opportunities will arise from getting the funding. Also, by getting this funding since it will make me grow as an artist financially and successfully, It means that as my career succeeds I won't need funding as I will start to make money for myself by the success which will begin to build. Therefore this will have a very big impact on myself as an artist for the rest of my career.

Besides from the impact the funding will have, I will develop it by possibly trying to collaborate with a bigger artist from the industry which will increase my audience by quiet a lot as my music could be interesting to a different crowd that might not necessarily listen to my type of music and it will also open doors for me as I might stand out on social media which might help me to get noticed. I could also collaborate with more artists in the future and which will lead me to better opportunities and more success.

A european tour will cost a lot of money but as I mentioned, it will have a career impact which will create fantastic opportunities. The funding might have to range to up to one hundred thousand to one hundred and fifty thousand pounds. I don't have a very big audience so I clearly wouldn't need millions to invest into a european tour as my venues would be much smaller in comparison to artists who are very successful worldwide.  The fund I will be applying for is youth music, this is the most suitable funding for me because it is focused for the younger generation and I meet all criteria,  whereas other  Art funding  require multiple songs to be released and be played on the radio before applying for funding which means I wouldn’t be suitable for those art funding as my music has not been played on the radio yet.













No comments:

Post a Comment