Friday 12 October 2018

Solo Performance week 2

In week two of Solo Performance,  we performed our song for the second time using the dynamics we learnt in last weeks lesson. In my performance I added in different examples of dynamics such as: changing the volume of my vocals through out the song to create a flexibility in the song and to make it different. Also, naturally as I go higher in pitch I usually go louder in terms of volume, however, I do something completely different which is in that specific phrase I keep the volume the same as I go higher in pitch but change my tone softer instead of being too harsh. In terms of the guitar I also changed the way I play the guitar as I went through the song by changing the way I strum the guitar.

After this we looked at different examples of how we can change tempo to make our songs sound more interesting. We looked at an example by Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody and we looked at how they change their tempo from starting off slow for the first half of the song and then the tempo gets faster as it leads to the Acapella parts.


This week I will add this into my song, I will play around with the tempo and use certain parts throughout the song to slow down or speed up the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment